Clockworkmod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
Android OS became famous mostly because of it being open source. Developers around the world work on making custom ROMs like ParanoidAndroid, PAC-man, AOKP, etc to increase the performance and usability of Android devices. These custom ROMs are purely based on Android operating system and using them you get to enjoy latest versions of Android, not yet officially released.
To flash the ROMs you will require some tool like custom recovery; ClockworkMOD (CWM) is one of the best custom recovery tools. Using Clockworkmod recovery for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 you can not only flash custom ROMs but also perform advanced recovery, installation, maintenance and restoration operations which aren’t possible with stock recovery.
There are so many amazing custom ROMs available for Galaxy Tab 7.7 but to flash them you must first install CWM on your tablet. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to install Clockworkmod recovery on your Tab 7.7.
Note: This tutorial of installing CMW on Galaxy Tab 7.7 is only for the devices with model numbers I815, P6800 and P6810. Please do not try on other variants or it may brick your Galaxy Tab 7.7.
Disclaimer: Developers and Wccftech cannot be held responsible in case of any damage happened to your device. Flashing your device is considered risky hence you are advised to read the tutorial completely before moving on to recovery and flashing. Execute these steps on your own risk.
Pre-requisites to consider:
- Charge your Galaxy Tab 7.7 at least up to 70% to avoid any interruption during the installation process.
- Install Galaxy Tab 7.7 drivers on your computer. In case you have already KIES installed on your computer, drivers aren’t needed.
- Please take the back up of all your important data like contacts, apps, calendar, messages, etc to any external memory.
How to install Clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7:
- Download Clockworkmod recovery for your Tab 7.7 – do not extract.
- Download ODIN 3 v1.85 multi-downloader SW and install it on computer. (ODIN is software from Samsung used for flashing firmware and custom recovery on your devices.)
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power button simultaneously – until you get the downloading message on screen - to boot the device into downloading mode.
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 7.7 to your computer using USB cable. Launch ODIN software on your computer and you will get “Added!!” message on the Odin’s message box. If you don’t get any such message, please to install tablet drivers again on your computer.
- Click PDA button on the Odin and select recovery.tar file.
- Make sure Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time is checked.
- To flash CWM recovery, click on the Start button. This process will take a few minutes and on successful flashing of recovery, Tab 7.7 will automatically reboot and you will get pass message on Odin’s message box.
- In case you get the fail message, disconnect tablet, remove battery, re-insert and repeat the above procedure.
Ta da! You’re done with successfully installing Clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. All set to flash custom ROMs on your Galaxy Tab 7.7!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter