How To Change Personal Hotspot Password On iPhone Or iPad
Want to change your Personal Hotspot (WiFi tethering) password on iPhone or iPad? Here's how you can in a few easy steps.
Change Your iPhone, iPad Personal Hotspot Password In A Few Easy Steps
Depending on your usage, it's highly likely at some point you'll make use of your iPhone or cellular iPad's Personal Hotspot feature, allowing you to share your cellular data connection with any other WiFi enabled device - some people like to call this feature WiFi tethering.
Connecting to your iPhone or iPad's Personal Hotspot carries a process similar to how you connect with your home WiFi router / access point. You turn on the WiFi radio of the device which you want to use online, do a search for the wireless hotspot, enter the password, and connect. And speaking of passwords, one should have a key that is truly unique and not so easy to guess, ensuring that things are top notch in terms of security. In today's guide, we will show you how you can change / personalize your Personal Hotspot's password to your liking in a few easy steps.
Note: There are certain carriers around the globe that do not allow access to Personal Hotspot until or unless you buy a plan tailored for one. Hence this guide is only applicable if you have a proper tethering plan enabled on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Right underneath WiFi and Bluetooth settings you'll see an entry for 'Personal Hotspot. Tap on it to open.
3. At the top you'll see a toggle switch for turning Personal Hotspot ON or OFF, and right underneath it you'll see a box labelled 'Wi-Fi Password.' Tap the box and you'll be taken to the next screen.
4. In the 'Password' box enter the key you wish to use to connect to your iPhone or iPad's Personal Hotspot feature. Please enter something that is hard to guess by others yet easy to remember for you. Refrain from using passwords as portrayed in the screenshot below as it's there just for example related purposes.
5. Tap on 'Done' once you've set your password and you'll be taken back to the main Personal Hotspot page.
Simply enable Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad and use your newly set password to connect. Easy wasn't it?
Follow the above steps again if you wish to change your password again. And we highly recommend that you cycle your password on, at least, a weekly basis.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter