Call of Duty Black Ops 4 New Update Introduces PC Stability Improvements And More
Yesterday, we reported that a big Call of Duty Black Ops 4 update would be coming this week to introduce some tweaks and fixes to the game. Treyarch kept its word sooner than most expected and released the new update a few hours ago.
Among the major improvements introduced by the new update are some stability improvements for the PC version of the game. Featured playlist tiles for Multiplayer and Blackout have been changed as well, with a new 100-Players Duos playlist and an 88-Player Quads playlist, which should fix some of the issues that have been present at launch.
Here are the full patch notes.
- General stability improvements and crash fixes.
- The Featured playlist tiles for Multiplayer and Blackout have changed today. This is part of the regular rotation of Featured playlists – more details to come on how Featured playlists will work in Black Ops 4 in a separate update.
- 100-Player Duos
- 100-Players Duos is now the Featured playlist for Blackout.
- 88-Player Quads
- Quads playlist is now 88 maximum players. We’re continuing to update various game settings to ensure the best experience for all players across all platforms and modes.
- Playlist Updates
- TDM playlist now supports parties of 6 (was previously 5).
- Featured playlist changed to Heist.
- Custom Games
- Custom Search and Destroy games will now correctly conclude after one team wins 6 rounds total, fixing an issue where custom games previously ended at round 7.
- Addressed a crash caused by earning multiple Medals in a match.
- Addressed a UI error caused by losing Internet connection in split screen.
We’ve also made the following additional update specific to PC:
- Stability Improvements
- Fixed a crash occurring during initial boot of the game for some users.
- Fixed a crash when disconnecting from a Blackout match.
- Fixed a crash occurring when managing multiple windows simultaneously in Blackout.
- Fixed a crash when browsing unlockable Items.
- Fixed crashes occurring when changing texture quality.
- Fixed a performance issue when changing Clan tags.
- Improved handling of “Out of Memory” errors.
- Additional stability fixes listed in today’s update from /u/TreyarchPC: https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9oqgsd/call_of_duty_black_ops_4_pc_updates/
- Addressed an issue that caused Hellhounds to exhibit some very... un-doglike behavior in Zombies.
- “Object View Distance” setting now properly renders objects further on “High” than on “Low” in Blackout.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 is now out on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.