How To Buy iCloud Storage Space On iOS, Mac, Windows
Want to buy more iCloud storage space? We'll show you how on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and of course, Windows.
Buy More iCloud Storage Space For Bigger Backups, Photos Uploads - We'll Show You How
If you're reading this, chances are that you've run out of iCloud storage space, or you just want to know how you can expand your cloud storage in case it ever runs out in the future. Whatever the case might be, we will walk you through the process of buying more iCloud storage space, subsequently upgrading you from the measly 5GB of free storage space you get out of the box, and that too on all platforms - iOS, Mac and Windows.
Since upgrading your iCloud storage is not free, therefore you'll be required to have a credit card associated with your Apple ID. If you're already set, then go ahead reading. If not, then head over to appleid.apple.com, sign into your Apple ID, input your credit card details and return here.
Buying iCloud Storage On iOS
1. On your iOS device, navigate to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
2. Now tap on 'Buy More Storage.'
3. Select the iCloud storage plan that suits you best then tap on 'Buy' on the top right hand corner. You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID password to confirm your action.
Buying iCloud Storage On Mac
1. Head over to System Preferences, and then click on 'iCloud.'
2. There's a 'Manage' button on the bottom right corner, click on it.
3. Click on 'Buy More Storage' on the next screen.
4. Select the iCloud storage plan you want to upgrade to and then click on 'Next.'
Buying iCloud Storage On Windows
1. First and foremost, download iCloud for Windows and install it.
2. Launch iCloud for Windows and then click on 'Storage' and then click on 'Change Storage Plan.'
3. Select the iCloud storage plan you want to upgrade to, enter your Apple ID password when prompted for it and you're good to go.
Recommended Read: This Neat Trick Will Free Up Storage Space On Your iPhone Instantly
If, for some reason, you want to downgrade your current iCloud plan, then you can do so by following the above steps again. The downgrade will happen once the billing month is complete, which will in turn give you ample time to move your stuff offline if you want to.
We highly recommend that you invest in some iCloud storage space especially if you tend to backup your photos and videos a lot. iCloud is the best way there is when it comes to keeping your personal data safe.