Major Bugs Reported After Installation of iOS 8.0.1 – Beware Before Downloading
Apple has just released its first update to fix iOS 8 bugs only to have a number of users reporting major issues with the latest build.
Update: Here is how to fix iOS 8.0.1 bugs by downgrading to iOS 8
iOS 8.0.1 to fix iOS 8 bugs:
iOS 8 was released only a week ago and has brought in with itself a huge number of issues having some severe app crash problems, battery drain issues, Wi Fi connectivity problems among others. Apple has just seeded out iOS 8.0.1 just now in order to fix iOS 8 bugs. However, beware before you become too quick to hit that installation button to fix iOS 8 bugs on your own device.
Quite a high number of users have reported - and reports keep pouring in - that iOS 8.0.1 update is affecting cellular reception and Touch ID among other features. No service error comes to many who have updated to the latest iOS 8.0.1 update. Apparently, restarting your phone isn't able to fix this issue too making it a major concern for the users who have been quick to update to this latest update in the hope of solving other problems that were found in the iOS 8.
It is uncertain what is causing these problems but we will keep you updated as some official comment or cure to fix these bugs show up. iOS 8.0.1 came in to fix iOS 8 bugs carries this changelog:
- Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
- Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters their passcode
- Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
- Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
- Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
- Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups
- Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter