Bloodstained Reveals a Second Playable Character Voiced by Metal Gear Alum David Hayter
Since being revealed, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night’s main protagonist Miriam has been the focus of all promotional materials, but you’ll be able to play as somebody else as well. That second character is the demon hunter Zangetsu, who will be voiced by none other than Solid Snake himself, David Hayter. Zangetsu was also the star of the retro spinoff Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon. You can check out a quick trailer for Zangetsu, below.
Here’s how the Bloodstained website describes Zangetsu:
KILL…EVERY…LAST…DEMON. Zangetsu’s vengeance against the demons of hell is a raging inferno that knows no peace. Play as the demon hunter samurai in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, fee after launch! Zangetsu is brought to life by the awesome voice talents of David Hayter (Snake from the Metal Gear series) and brings new ways to play, explore and experience the story of Bloodstained. Equip the deadly Zangetsuto katana and ravage your enemies with devastating elemental talisman magic.
The makers of Bloodstained recently detailed the post-launch content they’re working on – get the details here. Haven’t been keeping up with Bloodstained? Here’s a quick features breakdown:
- Igavania Lives On – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the genre, is creating a new, modern side scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy longtime fans of his previous work.
- Vast and Deep Gameplay – Unlock spells and powers; find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance; and mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- High-Fidelity 2.5D Graphics – Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- Orchestral Music By Industry Legends – With music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), respectively, Bloodstained’s music is an unforgettable experience.
- Iga’s Biggest Castle – Bloodstained’s game world map is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, giving fans of his distinct style more to explore and enjoy.
- Multiple Characters To Choose From – Aside from the enigmatic Miriam there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night spills onto PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on June 18. The Nintendo Switch version launches a week later on June 25.