Blizzard has implemented a new Battle for Azeroth 8.0.1 hotfix that reduces the amount of experience required to level up between level 40 and 100.
The publisher already commented on the game’s leveling speed following the launch of the Battle for Azeroth 8.0 pre-patch earlier this month. “Since the pre-patch we’ve made a large number of hotfixes and changes to leveling content, and are continuing to find and fix bugs wherever possible”, Blizzard wrote. “The intention was never to make leveling slower than it was in 7.3.5.”
As said, the new hotfix for patch 8.0.1 speeds up leveling in the level 40-100 bracket. To more precise, experience required between levels 60 and 80 has been lowered by 14% with a smaller reduction at levels 40 to 60 and 80 to 100.
“We've pushed a hotfix that reduces the amount of XP needed for most levels between 40 and 100”, Blizzard wrote on Twitter. “Note that the new required amounts may not always display properly for the time being. We'll have details in the next hotfixes update.”
The full changes included with the new hotfix have been included below:
July 30, 2018
The experience required to level has been lowered for all levels from 40-100. The reduction averages 14% between levels 60-80, with smaller reductions at other levels.
- Rushing Jade Wind will toggle off if the player has not auto-attacked any target for one minute.
- Fixed a bug causing Spirit of Redemption to be triggered when the fatal damage should have been redirected by spells.
Creatures and NPCs
S.A.F.E. operatives should again be using their guns correctly.
Dungeons and Raids
- Lady Malande’s Reflective Shield no longer reflects too much damage.
- There should no longer be a floating Drogbar on patrol.
Return to Karazhan
- Speaking with the Image of Medivh should again properly spawn Arcanagos and begin the Nightbane encounter.
The guild achievements Working as a Team and Working Better as a Team no longer require First Aid.
Player versus Player
- To celebrate the post-season, the Southshore vs Tarren Mill Brawl will be active this week, outside of the normal Brawl rotation!
- Every Man for Himself will now properly cause a 90 second cooldown on similar effects such as Adaptation and Gladiator's Medallion.
- Will of the Forsaken, Stoneform, Fireblood will now properly cause a 30 second cooldown on similar effects such as Adaptation and Gladiator's Medallion.
- Players that earned Rival: Legion Season 7 should receive the Rival title.
- Flying Carpet should be obtained from Northrend Tailoring trainers instead of the Outland trainers.
The bounty board for “Wanted: Hogger” went missing, and has been found and put back in its place.
Fixed a number of issues with voice chat on Mac operating systems, including support for the use of most keys as hotkeys.
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is scheduled for a release next month on August 14.