Blizzard Details Upcoming 8.1 World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth Enhancement Shaman Changes on the PTR
Blizzard has detailed the upcoming Battle for Azeroth Enhancement Shaman changes that will be implemented on the 8.1 PTR soon.
According to Blizzard, various enhancement talents will be adjusted and changes will be made to how many tooltips are being generated.
“We’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated”, Blizzard writes on its official WoW forums. “This may cause some websites to show that the damage or healing of almost every single Enhancement ability has changed. Do not panic; we are not lowering all of your damage and healing! This will be a behind-the-scenes data adjustment only.”
We’ve included the upcoming talent changes for the Enhancement Shaman specialization down below.
- Boulderfist damage bonus increased to 35%.
- Lightning Shield will no longer generate any bonus Maelstrom when the Lightning Shield overcharges.
- Landslide changed to a 40% proc chance.
- Forceful Winds reduced from 100% per stack to 80% per stack.
- Totem Mastery: the Storm Totem benefit increased from 5% to 10%.
- Hailstorm’s damage increased by 50%.
- Overcharge now causes a 9 second cooldown to Lightning Bolt, down from 12 seconds.
- Fury of Air damage increased by 40%.
- Crashing Storm damage increased by 40%.
Lightning Shield and Forceful Winds are both popular talents right now, and we don’t want to reduce Enhancement’s overall damage with changes to those two talents, so additionally:
- The damage done by all Enhancement abilities increased by 5%
“The changes above should help make the different choices on many talent rows much more competitive with each other”, Blizzard explains.
Battle for Azeroth, World of Warcraft’s seventh expansion, launched in late August globally and quickly became the fastest selling expansion in the long history of the behemoth massively multiplayer online roleplaying game.
The expansion’s first major content update, patch 8.1 Tides of Vengeance, will release next month. The patch is currently live on the PTR, ready to be tested.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter