The Banner Saga 2 Launching on April 19 for PC & Mac, This Summer for Console
Stoic and Versus Evil have announced with a press release that The Banner Saga 2 is launching on April 19 for PC and Mac, while the console versions are set to debut this Summer.
Banner Saga 2 is the exciting sequel to the award winning, BAFTA nominated, indie hit The Banner Saga, an epic Viking role-playing strategy game where a player's choice directly affects their personal journey.
Stoic will also showcase The Banner Saga 2 at PAX East in Boston.
The showcase, which is being sponsored by partners AMD and Razer, has been designed to give attendees an inside look into the Banner Saga universe and will take place over the full three days of the event. Fans will be able to play the newly released game on Versus Evil booth #10081 in the main hall.
Spearheading the activity is a Banner Saga panel which will take place on Saturday 23rd April from 10:30am – 11:30am in the Albatross Theatre. The panel, which will be moderated by YouTube gaming personality Jesse Cox, will include development team members Arnie Jorgensen (Art Director), John Watson (Technical Director), Drew McGee (Writer) and Matt Rhoades (Tech Designer) as well as by Grammy nominated, two-time BAFTA winning composer Austin Wintory. The panelists will discuss the Banner Saga universe and also tease some of the great things that gamers can expect to experience in the newly released Banner Saga 2. The team will also show off the worldwide premier of the Banner Saga “In Memoriam” trailer created by Penny Arcade contributor Kris Straub. Finally, the first 100 panel attendees will receive a limited edition Banner Saga 2 t-shirt and Versus Evil and Stoic will also be handing out prizes to cosplayers who attend the event dressed in Banner Saga inspired costumes.
In addition to encouraging cosplay fans to dress up as their favorite Banner Saga character, there will be a large photo booth next to the registration desk outside the main hall where people can take pictures against a stunning backdrop taken directly from the game. Props will also be on hand to help make each picture more authentic and people will be encouraged to share their moment in the Banner Saga world on Twitter (@BannerSaga) and Facebook (#BannerSaga).
Fans will also be able to get a limited run paperback copy of the book “The Gift of Hadrborg” by James Fadeley, a book that has further expanded the Banner Saga universe and which serves as a prelude to the video game story. Fadeley will also be by the photo booth on Saturday morning to sign copies.
Finally, the Banner Saga has once again been honored by the Penny Arcade team by being selected as one of the official Pinny Arcade collectable pins at the event. The exclusive ‘Bolverk’ pin will be available to anyone who visits the AMD booth (#9200) to pick up a limited edition Banner Saga 2 lanyard. They can then take that to the Versus Evil (#10081) booth to play the Banner Saga 2 demo and redeem their pin. Fans can also pick up the limited edition Dredge and Ivor pins at the Versus Evil store set up at the booth.
The Banner Saga 2 now also has an official Steam page, where you can pre-order the game with a 10% discount. These are the main features mentioned there:
• The epic Viking saga continues on – beautifully 2D hand drawn combat sequences and animations are further enhanced with special effects, once again accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory
• Player choice that continues to drive your narrative – your story continues based on choices made in the first game as well as hard choices you have to make in this one.
• New Characters and a New Race – continue your epic journey interacting with new characters and a new race, the Horseborn.
• Improved Strategic combat with consequences – improved, more strategic battle boards enhance combat and permanent loss of characters will still weigh heavy on your mind long after the battle is over.
• The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter