Astral Chain Available Now For Nintendo Switch; First Patch Adds New Features and Adjusts Game Balance
PlatinumGames’ Astral Chain is available now for the Nintendo Switch and game’s first patch has been released.
The action title has just been released and the game’s day-one patch is now available for download. Patch 1.0.1 adds an item sort function, allows players to sell multiple goods at once, adjusts game balance and much more.
“To a developer, release day always means something special”, game director Takahisa Taura wrote on the official PlatinumGames blog. “Combine that with the fact that this is my directorial debut, and that ASTRAL CHAIN is a game that takes so many challenges in gameplay and art style… and the fact that it’s a completely new IP from Nintendo… I guess you could say I’m a little bit more than excited!!”
We’ve included the official release notes for patch 1.0.1 down below.
Astral Chain patch 1.0.1 release notes
Functional Changes and Additions
- Added Item Sort function to the menu.
- Multiple goods can now be sold at once at shops.
- The “Temporary Field Supply” item icon has been adjusted for visual clarity.
- “Temporary Field Supply” items are those that can only be used during the “FILE” in play
- When using items from the shortcut menu, “Temporary field supply” items of the same name will now automatically be prioritized and used instead.
- Added a “Type” category to the ability codes Sort function.
- Added a function to delete multiple ability codes at once.
- Adjusted game balance.
- Fixed an issue where quitting the game during the training mode could cause lock ups.
- Fixed an issue where specific steps would lead to the order “Ark Tourist” being impossible to complete.
- Fixed an issue where opening the menu and returning to the title screen at a specific timing before an autosave would cause save data to be corrupted.
- Additionally fixed several issues to allow for a more comfortable gameplay experience.
Astral Chain was officially announced back in February of this year. Be sure to read our very own review of the game right here.