Assassin’s Creed Rogue : Get ready to go Rogue on PC March 10
Ubisoft announced earlier today that they are bringing the previously last-gen console exclusive Assassin's Creed Rogue to PC on March 10th. In addition to bringing it to PC, Ubisoft Kiev is adding eye-tracking support as a complementary to mouse and keyboard controls. If you own a SteelSeries Sentry eye-tracker you will be able to actually pan the camera left and right via your eye movement. Ubisoft thinks this will create "an infinite screen experience."
Will it be Optimized? That's a good question in all honesty. But the answer probably is: Yes it will.
Seeing as it's been out since the 13th of November last year for the last-gen consoles, Ubisoft should have had enough time to optimize the PC port. I don't think Ubisoft would like to relive the Assassin's Creed Unity launch. But that's just me being optimistic.
Ubisoft has revealed the Minimum PC Specs:
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 (64bit versions only)
- PROCESSOR: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHzH
- RAM: 2GB
- VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTS450 or AMD Radeon HD5670 (1024MB VRAM) or Intel HD4600
- DIRECT X®: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
- DVD-ROM DRIVE: Only required for the Disk installation ( 1 Dual Layer DVD )
- SOUND CARD: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest driver
- Hard drive: 11.4 GB
- PERIPHERALS: Xbox 360 controller, Tobii EyeX Controller, SteelSeries Sentry
- SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 or better, GeForce 500, 600, 700, 900 series, AMD Radeon HD 5670 or better, Radeon HD 6000, 7000, R7, R9 series, Intel HD4600, HD5200, Note: Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported.
For those who don't know, Assassin's Creed Rogue takes place during the mid-18th century and it is a sequel to Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and the Prequel to Assassin's Creed III. The story follows Shay Patrick Cormac, an Assassin who turned his back on the Brotherhood and became a Templar. He now hunts Assassins much like Haytham Kenway from Assassin's Creed III did. The naval aspects of Black Flag return, however seeing as the setting of the game is mostly in an Arctic environment that means much tighter spaces to travel in. On the other hand some of the new naval features is that you can travel up rivers, as well as being boarded by enemies mid-combat.
If you Pre-order Assassin's Creed Rogue through Uplay, you will get to choose one of these Seven Assassin's Creed games for free: Assassin's Creed 3, Freedom Cry, Liberation, Revelations, Brotherhood 1 or 2 Deluxe or the original Assassin's Creed. Personally I would probably hold of on the Pre-order since there is no way to be sure about how well the game will preform.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter