Apple Pay on iPhone X: How to Set Up and Use in Stores, Online & Apps
Here's how you can set up and use Apple Pay on the iPhone X in stores, online or make a purchase in an app.
Setting up Apple Pay on iPhone X is Easy. Use Face ID for Authentication of Payments.
Before you associate your debit or credit card with your Apple ID for Apple Pay, please keep in mind that Cupertino's payment solution is not available to use everywhere. It is only available in select regions which you can learn more about here.
How to Add a Card to Your iPhone X.
Assuming you are in the right region and your bank supports Apple Pay, here's how you add your card for making purchases.
1. Launch the Wallet app on your iPhone X.
2. Tap on the little blue "+" icon on the top right hand corner.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts to add your card. Your card will be verified with your bank before you can move forward. This step won't take that long. There is a possibility that your bank might ask for further verifications from you in order to start using Apple Pay.
Set Up Face ID to Work with Apple Pay.
You can totally skip this step altogether if you want. But it's a super convenience if you use Face ID for authenticating purchases as you don't have to enter a passcode or password in order to authenticate it.
1. Launch the Settings app.
2. Tap on Face ID & Passcode.
3. Tap and enable the Apple Pay option here.
Pay Using Apple Pay in Stores.
1. Double click on the iPhone X Side Button to bring up your card(s) which you want to use for making a purchase. If you have multiple cards, select the one which you want to use.
2. Once the card is selected, hold your iPhone X to authenticate using Face ID. If you are not using Face ID, you will be required to enter your iPhone's passcode for authentication.
3. Now hold your iPhone X near the contactless Apple Pay reader and you will see a 'Done' message on screen when the payment has been completed successfully. It's that simple.
Pay in Apps, Games or Online.
Paying with Apple Pay in an app, game, App Store, iTunes Store or iBooks Store is simple. When you are about to purchase something, just double press the Side Button on your iPhone X and hold your phone up. If you are purchasing for the first time, you will be required to enter your Apple ID password.
Shopping online? No problem. Just tap on the 'Pay with Apple Pay' option, and when prompted for authentication, double press on the Side Button on authenticate using Face ID. If you are not using Face ID, then enter your Apple ID password.