Apple Kicks off iPhone X Event – Catch the Details Here
The moment you've been waiting for has finally arrived and Apple's much-anticipated iPhone X / iPhone 8 event has kicked off. Here's everything Apple has announced so far.
iPhone X / iPhone 8 Event Kicks Off - Here's Everything Apple Has Announced in One Place
The event has officially started and we're starting things off with a little video showcasing Apple Park and the Steve Jobs Theater.
- Apple is rolling a 'Welcome to Steve Jobs Theater' video with a voice over by the late Steve Jobs himself. Inspiring.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook has taken the stage. It's begun!
- Tim Cook kicks off the keynote with a tribute to Steve Jobs.
- Apple will start moving to Apple Park later this year.
- Apple Park is powered by 100% renewable energy. This is a big deal.
- There's an Apple retail store inside Apple Park.
- Apple is now going through some updates on Retail.
- Apple's focusing big on Retail. Lots of great features.
- Apple is rolling a 'Today at Apple' video.
- Retail stores are being revamped at a rapid pace. Exciting stuff.
- First announcement incoming - Apple Watch.
- 50% growth over last year. Impressive number.
- Apple Watch is the number-1 watch in the world. Wow.
- Apple Watch has a customer satisfaction of 97%.
- Apple Watch is getting more heart-rate measuring features.
- Detailed heart-rate measurements. Will detect elevated heart rates when you're not active. Focus on heart rhythm.
- Apple announces 'Apple Heart Study' to better study the human heart using Apple Watch.
- watchOS 4 will be available on September 19th.
- Apple Watch Series 3 announced with cellular.
- New colors for Apple Watch Series 3, and new Apple Watch bands announced too.
- Apple Watch Series 3 will also be available in a non-cellular variant.
- It's Apple TV time.
- Apple TV 4K announced. tvOS 11 reworked with a 4K UI.
- TV app is coming to more countries.
- Live sports is coming to Apple TV later this year.
- 4K content is coming to iTunes. Same price as HD. Your HD content with be upgraded to UHD for free.
- New TV app is available on iOS too.
- Demo time.
- The new Apple TV 4K is insane when it comes to graphics rendering. Thanks to that A10 Fusion chip.
- Focus is now turning towards the iPhone. Oh boy, this is exciting!
- iPhone 8 announced. Same as iPhone 7 but.. better! Glass back and lots of internal upgrades.
- New gold color option.
- New Retina HD Display with True Tone.
- The new iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are powered by the new Apple A11 Bionic chip. 6-cores and crazy stupid fast.
- New 12-megapixel cameras that have been improved dramatically. We'll leave that for us to test though.
- iPhone 8 features a new Portrait Mode feature called Portrait Lightning. Geeky stuff. It allows you to simulate a studio-like lighting. We're not making this up.
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus focuses big on augmented reality. Apple's is really not toying around when it comes to AR.
- The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are extremely powerful. The demos are a testament to that.
- iPhone 8 features wireless charging. Thank you, Apple.
- iPhone X announced. And it's a 'One more thing' announcement. It's an edge-to-edge display smartphone.
- Yes, it's an OLED display at 5.8-inches and a resolution of 2436x1125. Apple's calling it the Super Retina Display.
- RIP the Home button. It was nice knowing ya.
- Swipe up from the bottom to access the home screen. Swipe up to access multitasking. Time to get used to this.
- Press and hold the lock button to access Siri. Umm OK.
- Since there's no Touch ID, Apple is replacing it with Face ID on iPhone X. Interesting.
- The notch at the top of the display will definitely take come time getting used to.
- Face recognition is taken care of by the A11 Bionic neural engine. Geeks, take note.
- You can't fool Face ID using a photo. And your face data is protected on-device.
- Face ID will work with third-party apps.
- iPhone X features the A11 Bionic chip too.
- iPhone X has an exclusive feature called Animoji. Turns your face into a real-time animated emoji. Feeling pleased now?
- The Face ID demo failed. Oh no.
- Control Center is now a swipe down gesture on the iPhone X. Apple, no.
- iPhone X has really amazing face tracking. Snapchat demo shown off on stage.
- 12-megapixel dual cameras with optical stabilization across the board and not just on one lens.
- The selfie camera features Portrait Mode too along with Portrait Lighting. Teenagers are going to love this.
- iPhone X features 2 hours of extra battery life compared to iPhone 7.
- iPhone X features wireless charging thanks to its glass back.
- iPhone X pre-order starts October 27 and will be available on 3rd November.
- And that's a wrap!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter