Android Pie Rolling Out for the LG G7 ThinQ in Korea
According to LG’s Android Pie roadmap, the LG G7 ThinQ was listed to receive stable Android Pie in Q1 2019. As expected, the LG G7 ThinQ is beginning to get Android Pie in Korea. LG has included a new gesture navigation system and revamped Recent apps switcher their version of Pie. Swiping up on the Home button reveals the Recent apps switcher. Swiping up again brings up the app drawer. Users can also perform the left-to-right gesture on the Home button to slide between the recent apps. Here is the complete changelog (it’s been through Google Translate, so…)
- Android Pie OS applied.
- Added gesture home button function. Drag the Home button up to view your recent history, or drag left or right to switch to your recently used app.
- A setting to adjust the media volume is always added when the volume button is pressed.
- A preview is provided in the lower right corner when capturing the screen.
- Added battery saving feature.
- You can set whether each app runs in the background.
- The screen rotation button is provided in the home touch button area when the screen rotation is necessary.
- Security has been enhanced to enable power off after unlocking.
- A lock icon display setting has been added to enhance security. Pressing and holding the power button will stop Smart Lock, biometrics, and lock screen notification when you lock.
- When setting auto brightness, the user learns brightness control pattern and automatically sets it to the preferred brightness.
- Added “Sunset to sunrise” setting in easy-to-view mode.
- Manage folder access permissions and Wi-Fi control permissions for your app.
- SD card encryption no longer restricts the ability to lock the screen with a PIN or password only.
- Added Magic Photo function to the camera.
- Fixed home screen layout lock so apps and widget locations on the Home screen do not change regardless of user intent.
- Dual app functionality added. You can install one more SNS or Messenger app to use with different accounts.
The update is expected to hit other regions soon. It is common for LG to release major software updates in Korea first, so expect an OTA to hit your device shortly.
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.