Android Pie Beta Rolls Out to Galaxy S9 and S9+ in South Korea
Even though Android Pie has been around for months, Samsung devices are yet to get a taste of it. Earlier this month, Samsung unveiled their redesigned Android fork aka OneUI, which would be rolled out to eligible devices along with Android Pie. Recent updates to the Samsung Members app indicated that the beta program would begin on the 15th of November, followed by a confirmation from Samsung that the program would begin in the UK on the 20th. Today, South Korean variants of the Galaxy S9 and galaxy S9+ have begun receiving the much-awaited OneUI-based Android Pie beta. Prolific leaker Ice Universe Tweeted a screenshot of what appears to be the Android Pie changelog in Korean.
The Korean version of the Galaxy S9 series has been updated with Android Pie Beta and One UI. pic.twitter.com/9Btf58XER1
— Ice universe (@UniverseIce) November 15, 2018
Here's a loose translation of the changelog.
- For some apps, after updating the software, make sure to update your apps by themselves (Calculator, Samsung Internet, Samsung Health, Samsung Notes, Samsung Members, and Samsung Pay. Group related settings, menus, etc., and reposition them Popup Window Menu tabs and frequently used buttons are placed at the bottom of the screen for easy access to nighttime mode and simple design. Provides image thumbnails for replyable message alerts. In the notification settings of your app, you have the option to turn on or off notifications for certain categories at once.
- Samsung Keyboard New Unicode 11.0 emoticons support - Variable theme that changes the color of the keyboard according to the color of the app Floating keyboard is always available, size and transparency Adjustable Keyboard Long press Response time can be set Device Care (Existing device management) Conventional high performance mode is provided in power saving mode Device management Edge panel deletion
- Device management Edge panel deletion Always On Display Add style and other new clock styles to check calendar schedule Remaining time until 100% charge when charging battery
- Reconfigure items to make it easier to find Samsung DeX - Samsung Dex is supported by Samsung Dex - Support Samsung Dex via official HDMI adapter
- Bixby - Enhanced search function and search in app Incoming call from phone call history Can be displayed by incoming / outgoing phone call Up to 2500 (500 existing)
- Contacts · Drawer menu for easy management of contacts by account
- Added scene optimization mode that optimizes the color setting of the camera screen according to the camera scene Integrated Photo Editor Pro function in the gallery gallery, Easily accessible via buttons at the bottom of the image Easy to manage storage space with new storage analysis function and free space can be edited Main screen of my file can be edited
- Samsung Health Notification of step number is displayed in the notification window
- Notification can be turned off: Turn off items Other enhancements Provide [pick-up] function that turns on lights immediately Kids home can be accessed immediately
The update confirms some of our earlier speculations which include the addition of Scene Optimizer, and support for Samsung DeX via USB. It comes as no surprise that Samsung's base of operations gets the beta first. The update weighs in at about 1.6GB, so it will take a while to download and install. We can expect the program to expand to other regions in the coming weeks.
News Source: Gsmarena
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter