Steps to Flash Android 5.1 Lollipop on Nexus 5 – Custom ROM
One of the very first custom ROM XtraSmooth is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop and is now available for Nexus 5. The custom firmware is becoming popular for the stability it offers along with awesome performance. You will notice that your battery lasts a tad longer after flashing to this latest Android 5.1 Lollipop based custom ROM. Here are the steps to help you flash Android 5.1 on Nexus 5!
Flash Android 5.1 on Nexus 5 with xTraSmooth:
- Download and install USB drivers for LG Nexus 5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 5 should be rooted.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to to flash Android 5.1 on Nexus 5:
- Connect your LG Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5 and power it off.
- Now boot it in to the CMW recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the XtraSmooth Android 5.1 Lollipop file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while so please don't get alarmed. Enjoy the sweetness of lollipop.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter