How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 and Install ClockworkMod Recovery
Chainfire’s root tool for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is here for you! Here is how to root and install CWM on Galaxy Note 3 model SM-N900. We have used CF-Auto root tool to get the root access of our Note 3. Follow this guide and make your device ready for the custom world.
Prereqs – how to root and install CWM on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 3 in your computer or you should have KIES on your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your Note N900.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root and install CWM on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900:
Required files: download the CF-Auto root package from this link. Extract contents on the desktop. Download the .tar file of CWM recovery for Note 3 from here. Also download the Odin3 for installation from here.
- Unzip and install Odin on your PC and switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 off.
- Boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons simultaneously. Once successfully connected, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA button on Odin and locate the root file. Hit Start button to initiate the root process.
- Wait for your phablet to get rooted. When root tool installation is successfully completed, Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Reboot your Note 3 and repeat the steps to flash CWM recovery file on your Note 3 SM-N900.
- Once done, disconnect Note 2 and reboot it again!
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is now rooted and equipped with ClockworkMod recovery tool.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.