Chainfire’s root tool for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is here for you! Here is how to root and install CWM on Galaxy Note 3 model SM-N900. We have used CF-Auto root tool to get the root access of our Note 3. Follow this guide and make your device ready for the custom world.
Prereqs – how to root and install CWM on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 3 in your computer or you should have KIES on your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your Note N900.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root and install CWM on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900:
Required files: download the CF-Auto root package from this link. Extract contents on the desktop. Download the .tar file of CWM recovery for Note 3 from here. Also download the Odin3 for installation from here.
- Unzip and install Odin on your PC and switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 off.
- Boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons simultaneously. Once successfully connected, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA button on Odin and locate the root file. Hit Start button to initiate the root process.
- Wait for your phablet to get rooted. When root tool installation is successfully completed, Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Reboot your Note 3 and repeat the steps to flash CWM recovery file on your Note 3 SM-N900.
- Once done, disconnect Note 2 and reboot it again!
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is now rooted and equipped with ClockworkMod recovery tool.