Batman Arkham Knight Gets New PC Patch To Improve VRAM Management & November DLC
Batman Arkham Knight got two radically different kinds of reception from PC and console gamers. While the former had to deal with severe performance issues that forced Warner Bros. to temporarily pull the game from Steam, the latter ones had no such problems and praised the latest adventure of the Dark Knight almost unanimously.
Rocksteady is still trying to improve things on PC, and Batman Arkham Knight received a new patch on Steam yesterday featuring improved VRAM management and stability, among other fixes.
- Fixed a hitch during some game saves
- Fixed a Windows 10 issue causing the game to be unresponsive on launch when the keyboard language was set to Japanese, Japanese Microsoft IME, Korean, Chinese (Traditional) or Chinese (Simplified)
- Fixed minor delay when aiming a gadget when playing with a keyboard and mouse
- Fixed a bug causing full screen movies to play at half the monitor’s refresh rate on some systems
- Fixed players sometimes not being able to counter the Mini-Gun Brute after being spotted when playing as Nightwing or Batman
- Fixed a performance drop that occurred when encountering Man-Bat for the first time
- Fixed some Multi-Monitor specific bugs
- Some improvements to mouse and keyboard bindings
- Improved VRAM management to reduce framerate hitches
- Stability improvements for rare crash issues
- Fixed an issue causing certain types of lights & shadows to render incorrectly
- Fixed an issue causing the game process to occasionally remain running in the background for a period of time
- Fixed the Knightfall Protocol not being able to activate under certain conditions
- Fixed a progression blocker that could occur in Stagg Airships when leaving the predator room after only knocking out one of the guards
- Fixed damage states for Batman’s V8.03 skin in Story Mode after selecting an alternate skin for AR Challenges
- Fixed missing rain effects on several Batman skins (fix for 1970s and Arkham Origins skins coming soon)
- Added support for new DLC releasing on November 24th
- Play as other characters in AR predator challenges
Considering that Jeff already reported good performance in his analysis posted three weeks ago, Batman Arkham Knight should now be more than accessible to everyone.
The November DLC is also live on all platforms, featuring two new Arkham Episodes and more new content. Check out the Batman Arkham Knight November DLC trailer below, and refer to our earlier post if you want to read about the full Season Pass content plan.