New Xbox One Update Significantly Improves Download Performance Alongside Other Improvements
A new Xbox One update is being deployed that significantly improves download performance alongside general stability and performance improvements.
The update is available now and those in the preview program have already received the update. Alongside improved download performance for Xbox players with high-speed connections and connections less than 100Mbps, the update also improves performance for the Xbox One’s wireless controller. Furthermore, performance has been improved across steaming music apps.
Xbox One update: OS version: 10.0.14393.2152 (rs1_xbox_rel_1610 161208-1218) fre
Performance and general improvements
We’ve made several optimizations to game and app downloads on Xbox One:
- Customers with high-speed connections (greater than 100Mbps) should experience up to 80% faster download speeds.
- Customers with connections less than 100Mbps should experience more consistent performance that is up to 40% faster than before.
- Additional optimizations have also made background downloads more resilient to intermittent connectivity issues.
Download speeds will be influenced by network contention within the home and at the ISP level. Download speeds will also be impacted when games are running on the console as system resources are prioritized for gameplay over background downloads. For more information, visit Troubleshoot slow game or app downloads on Xbox One.
- Firmware update to improve performance.
- General performance improvements for added reliability and consistent experiences across streaming music apps.
- General stability and performance improvements.
The update will download automatically in energy-saving mode. To manually download the update, players can enter the Xbox One’s settings menu and look for Console info & updates in the system settings.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter