Xbox One March Update Will Bring Screenshot App And More
Xbox has another one of its updates to be released in March. The headline to be excited about in this one is the introduction of the Screenshot app for the console which lets you take a screenshot in or out of game by pressing the Xbox button twice and then tapping Y to save it into your storage. An alternate way of doing this is with Kinect where players can simply say "Xbox Take a Screenshot" to take and save the screenshot. This is not all, the new March updates will also feature several other improvements which i will say more later in the article. The Xbox Screenshot is available only for those who have signed up for the preview program.
The Added Improvements In The March Xbox One Release
Other additions have also been featured in this update which include the ability to share your real name, suggest friends, and finally, spam reporting. The full list is below as reported on Vg247:
- Upload App – The Upload app is being updated so that you can manage your screenshots in addition to your game clips. You can use a screenshot as your background, by viewing the screenshot in full-screen mode from the Upload app, then, press the Menu button and select Set as background
- Suggested friends – With the suggested friends feature, the Friends area in home and your friends list will help you find and add friends. Suggested friends will include people you might know, so you add more friends to game with, and top community broadcasters and clip creators, so you can get more great content in your activity feed
- Sharing your name – We’re rolling out two new ways to share your real name; with all of your friends or to everyone in the Xbox Live community. You can also continue to share your real name with select friends, or with no one, if that’s what you prefer. Gamertags are still the primary method of identifying yourself on Xbox Live, but sharing your real name helps people recognize you who might not know you by your gamertag
- Tile transparency – We continue to listen to your feedback and are adding a setting to enable you to vary the level of transparency for your background images. Go to Settings -> My Xbox -> Tile transparency
- Privacy & online safety settings – We added a new setting for sharing voice search data to create an option for users to allow collection and analysis of voice data when they use Xbox – Bing to search
- Report spam – The Messages app has an added option to allow you to notify Xbox when you receive spam. You can now select a specific message, press the A button and then select Report -> Spam to report a specific message as spam
- One-Guide for Australia – Support for One-Guide will continue in preview in Australia for free-to-air TV listings
- Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in Australia – Xbox One owners in Australia with an Xbox Digital TV Tuner can now use it with the preview builds of this month’s release
So here you have it, the full list of the upcoming updates for the Xbox One. Stay tuned for further updates.