WWE 2K18 for PC Is Coming Out on October 17th, Just Like on Consoles
WWE 2K18 will be the first game in the series to release on PC day and date (October 17th) with consoles, 2K announced today.
In a first for the WWE 2K series, WWE 2K18 is releasing on PC the same day as PlayStation 4 and Xbox One! On October 17th, both the standard and deluxe editions of WWE 2K18 will go live on Steam and various other PC retailers around the globe.
While the four-day Early Access Deluxe Edition perk for PlayStation 4/Xbox One will not be an option on PC, those who pre-order either edition will receive two versions of Kurt Angle on day one. Downloadable content will be available à la carte for those who purchase the Standard Edition.
WWE 2K18 Deluxe Edition
- Copy of the game;
- PRE-ORDER to play as Kurt Angle’s WWE “American Hero” persona, as well as his ECW “Wrestling Machine persona;
- WWE 2K18 Season Pass digital content (details announced soon);
- Playable WWE Legends and John Cena Rivals: Batista and Rob Van Dam;
- Playable John Cena Characters: ECW One Night Stand (2006) and WrestleMania 26 (2010);
WWE 2K18 Standard Edition
- Copy of the game;
- PRE-ORDER to play as Kurt Angle’s WWE “American Hero” persona, as well as his ECW “Wrestling Machine persona
You may now pre-order the game on Steam for $49.99, though the page doesn't feature any system requirements yet.
Some of the new features of this year's release include eight-man matches, thousands of new animations, a new grapple carry system and new weight detection, a brand new rendering engine and massive backstage area. Deeper customization tools and a bigger-than-ever roster of WWE stars have also been mentioned.
The game is also coming out on Nintendo Switch (though there's still no date on that), in another first for the WWE 2K franchise. In fact, the last WWE game on any Nintendo platform launched back in 2013.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter