World of Van Helsing: Deathtrap Launches on Xbox One With a Dramatic Trailer
Watch your step. Developer NeocoreGames just released the intense launch trailer for World of Van Helsing: Deathtrap on the Xbox One.
Deathtrap is a tower defense game that takes place in the same universe of the popular Van Helsing action-RPGs. You have to choose a hero and build up defenses in a fort meant to keep away the nasty critters that threatened the world.
You’ll do this by setting up an array of traps and defenses in order to defeat the incoming hordes of evil. Below are some of the key features according to their Steam page when it launched last year:
- Become the Master of the Deathtrap Strongholds: The integrated Map Editor and Monster Editor allows the creation of the user generated content; moreover, you can also share your deadly, cunning levels and challenging mini-campaigns with others.
- Rewards of curiosity: Find the hidden corners on the maps and hunt down the neutral creatures hiding away from the battle for exclusive loot; you can also solve rewarding side quests as well.
- Become one of the specialists: Choose from 3 diverse classes (Mercenary, Sorceress, and Marksman); each class offers different tactics, skills and powers to dispose of your enemies.
- Weapons of destruction have never been so much fun: fend off the invaders with 25 deadly traps and more than 150 trap upgrades, not to mention the very special upgrades, which are tied to challenging and fun achievements.
- Gear up and stand your ground: The detailed equipment mechanics and the comprehensive loot system make your inventory highly customizable.
- A wide variety of horrors to defeat: Invaders come in 3 races and more than 40 different types; the countless combination of monster abilities will make the invading swarms even more colorful.
- King of the Maze: The leaderboards and the rank system lets you compete with other players.
World of Van Helsing: Deathtrap is priced at $19.99 on Xbox One, but you can get it for free with Xbox One’s Games with Gold in January 2017 along with Killer Instinct Season 2 and The Cave. It’s also been available on PC since 2015, while it never released on Sony’s PlayStation 4.
However, NeocoreGames is about to release The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing on PlayStation 4 with support for Pro hardware. Perhaps Deathtrap could be ported next.