The Witcher 3 Patch 1.0.3 Available, Improves Hairworks Performance & Input Responsiveness
CD Projekt RED has released a new patch for the PC version of The Witcher 3. The patch improves Nvidia HairWorks performance, input responsiveness when using keyboard extends Sharpen Postprocess to Off/Normal/High, and texture anisotropy to 16x on Ultra preset.
The patch can be downloaded from GOG accounts and should be available on Steam soon.
Patch 1.0.3 Changelog:
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI.
- Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
- Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change
- Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
- Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
- Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High
- Improves menu handling
- Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
- Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
- Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
- Generally improves world map focus
- Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
- Corrects an issue in dialog selections
- Corrects some missing translations in the UI
- Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
- Rostan Muggs is back
There’s a way of improving the grass quality in The Witcher 3, as well as improving performance by making a few adjustments in the ini files. There’s also a workaround on how to run HairWorks on AMD GPUs without crippling performance, which enables AMD GPU users to enjoy The Witcher 3 with the HairWorks setting enabled and actually getting better performance than GeForce users not using a Maxwell architecture Nvidia GPU.
We have recently provided some beautiful 4K screenshots of the PC version of the game as well as some 4K gameplay footage that showcases the beautiful graphics that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt can provide at Ultra High-Definition at it Ultra Settings.
The Witcher 3 is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. We will bring you any new information on The Witcher 3 as soon as it becomes available. Be sure to check out our previous coverage for more information on The Witcher 3, here and here.