Windows 10 Cumulative Update 10586.318 Available for Both PC and Mobile
Microsoft has released Windows 10 cumulative build 10586.318 (support no. KB3156421) for users running the Windows version 1511 (November Update). Bringing no new features, the latest Windows 10 cumulative update brings performance improvements, stability, security patches, and some bug fixes. The update is available for both the desktop and mobile devices.
Head over to the Settings > open Update & Security > click on Check for Updates and install the latest Windows 10 cumulative update 10586.318 for Windows 10 PC and Mobile.
What’s fixed in Windows 10 cumulative update for PC
Here is all that is changed and fixed in Windows 10 cumulative build 10586.318 for PC.
Improved reliability in a number of areas including Cortana, Bluetooth, Shell, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Miracast, and USB.
Fixed memory leak that occurs when opening a portable document format (PDF) form multiple times.
Fixed issues with text alignment for right to left languages in Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge.
Fixed issue that affected Bluetooth function when a PC resumes from sleep.
Fixed issue where user accounts weren’t locked out after a number of failed sign in attempts.
Fixed issue with revised daylight saving time.
Fixed issue that sometimes corrupts CompactFlash cards inserted into a card reader.
Fixed issue that caused recorded video to be lost when answering an incoming call on some phones.
Fixed issue that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
Fixed additional security issues with kernel mode drivers, remote procedure calls, the Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Windows Shell, Windows Journal, Virtual Secure Mode, Schannel, and Jscript.
Windows 10 Mobile 10586.318 changelog
The latest Windows 10 Mobile cumulative update is available for all the devices that have shipped with Windows 10 Mobile, including Lumiar 950, 950 XL and Acer Jade Primo. To install the latest cumulative update, go to Settings > Update & securityPhone update Check > > for updates.
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
- Improvements to the update system to prevent phones getting into a state where attempting to take an update may lead to errors 0x800f081f or 0x80070570.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones to finish the initial setup wizard with an incomplete set of app tiles on the Start screen.
- Improvements to the reliability of USB-C connections.
- Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text, and a problem with Quiet Hours not setting automatic rules for every day.
- Fix for a problem that could result in the phone to hang or restart when visiting certain web pages in Microsoft Edge.
- Fix for a problem that caused recorded video to be lost when answering an incoming call on some phones.
- Improvements for reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering.
- Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.