Windows 10 Build 20270 (FE_RELEASE) Is Out for Dev Channel
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20270 from the Iron branch is now available for Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel. Today's Windows 10 2021 Build 20270 brings File Skill in Cortana. Wondering what that is? Here are all the details:
File Skill in Cortana
You can now use Cortana on your PCs to translate their thoughts into direct actions to open and find files and save time spent navigating to apps/folders to locate and open files.
Enterprise users, who sign into Cortana with their corporate credentials (e.g., AAD) can search for files saved on OneDrive For Business and SharePoint along with files saved locally on their PCs (this setting is at Settings > Search > Searching Windows). Users using Microsoft account (e.g., ending with Outlook.com or Hotmail.com) can use Cortana to find files saved on their PCs. This feature is currently available to our English-speaking users in U.S.
Alt text: Showing Cortana displaying files in response to a “find recent files” query
Try and use Cortana to open or search files by:
- Parts of file names (Example: “Hey Cortana, opening marketing deck.”)
- Author names (Example: “Hey Cortana, open budget Excel from Anthony”)
- Find a document you have been editing (Example: “Hey Cortana, find my recent files”)
- Find a document of a particular type (Example: “Hey Cortana, find my recent pdfs”)
Windows 10 2021 Build 20270: Changes and Improvements
- The new “Advanced View” checkbox in Optimize Drives is now up and running and checking it will display volumes previously not visible in this window (for example system and recovery partitions).
- Using the touch keyboard in a portrait posture on a 2-in-1 touch device now supports split keyboard mode. (This was released to Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel as part of the recent Windows Feature Experience Pack update.)
Windows 10 (FE_RELEASE) Build 20270: Fixes
- We fixed an issue resulting in some dialogs, such as Properties, displaying black text on dark backgrounds in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue that could result in certain apps unexpectedly closing when clicking the Maximize button in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in printers with Japanese characters in their names not displaying correctly in Printers & Scanners Settings.
- We fixed an issue that could result in some delay logging into your PC on devices with a large number of users.
Known issues yet to be addressed
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- Live previews for pinned sites aren’t enabled for all Insiders yet, so you may see a grey window when hovering over the thumbnail in the taskbar. We’re continuing to work on polishing this experience.
- We’re working on enabling the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites. In the meantime, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the site.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue resulting in some users seeing error 0x80070426 when using their Microsoft account to sign into various apps. If you encounter it, rebooting your PC may resolve this.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where, in recent Dev Channel builds, no drives appear under Settings > System > Storage > Manage Disks and Volumes. As a workaround, you can manage your disks in the classic Disk Management tool.
For more details, head over to the official blog post.
— Windows Insider (@windowsinsider) December 3, 2020
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter