Warhammer Vermintide Probably Getting DX12 & Mod Support; Consoles To Get “High” Graphics
Warhammer Vermintide is Fatshark's latest game. A cooperative multiplayer action title played in first person, it was released in October for PC (Steam) with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions due next year.
We've reviewed Warhammer Vermintide and even nominated it for Best Coop in our Reader's Awards 2015. Now, we have reached out to Fatshark's CEO Martin Wahlund in order to learn more about the future of the game. Here's part one of the question & answer session.
- Do you have any plans to release mod tools on PC, just like Left 4 Dead?
- We have no plans yet but we have discussed it a lot and it is something we will look into at least. We are really big fans of the modding community so I would expect us to do something. However, there is no timeline yet.
- Are you considering whether to add DX12 support to Warhammer Vermintide on PC, or will you wait for your next game?
- Yes DX12 support will probably come at some point even for Vermintide but for sure for our next game, whatever that might be.
- What kind of graphical settings are you targeting for the console release? Is PC 'High' a good guess?
- We are still doing a lot of testing and optimizations, so I don't dare to target any specs yet. I think PC ”High” would be a good guess with some tweaks though.
As a reminder, "High" on PC isn't the highest graphics setting, since there's "Extreme". Check back for the full interview on Warhammer Vermintide tomorrow.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter