Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide Gets New Trailer Showcasing Gory First-Person Melee Combat
Fatshark has released a new trailer for Warhammer: End Times Vermintide, which showcases the game’s melee combat system. Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide is using Umbra’s Cloud Graphics Optimization Software. In the trailer the developers of Warhammer: End Times Vermintide explain how they're bringing Warhammer into a bloody, melee-focused first-person combat game.
Vermintide is a co-operative action first person shooter and melee combat adventure set in the End Times of the iconic Warhammer Fantasy universe.
Vermintide takes place in and around Ubersreik, a city overrun by Skaven. You will assume the role of one of five heroes, each featuring different play-styles, abilities, gear and personality. Working cooperatively, you must use their individual attributes to survive an apocalyptic invasion from the hordes of relentless rat-men, known as the Skaven. Battles will take place across a range of environments stretching from the top of the Magnus Tower to the bowels of the Under Empire.
- Cooperative survival for up to four players - Band together with your friends or die alone. Vermintide will continuously test the teamwork and skill of you and your friends.
- Diverse heroes - Five distinct characters to choose from, each with their own personality, agenda and story to tell. Learning what it means to work together is key to the groups survival.
- Experience the Skaven like never before - A rising tide of malicious and cunning rat-men, hacking, clawing and eviscerating all that stand in their way. Face vicious packs of clan-rats and deadly specialized elites.
- Unpredictable enemies - Vermintide features a dynamic spawn system providing a constant set of new challenges lurking behind every corner.
- Engaging story - Games Workshop veterans have banded together to write a fantastic new addition to the Warhammer lore, offering a new perspective on the cataclysmic events of The End Times.
- Nowhere is safe - The Skaven boast incredible mobility, able to climb and leap fantastic distances to make life a living hell for the Players. No matter where you go, they will be there, ready to pounce.
- Rewarding loot system - Focused on rewarding teamwork above all else, the loot mechanics reflect the general game design while staying true to Warhammer lore.
- Choose Your play style - Be it melee or ranged, find your favourite style using a combination of the 100+ unique weapons and trinkets available.
Warhammer: End Times Vermintide will release in Q3 2015 for the PC. We will bring you any new information on the game as soon as it becomes available.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter