Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch Coming to PlayStation 4 in February
Take the fight against the Tryanids to your PS4. It was announced today that the turn-based strategy game, Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch, is coming to PlayStation 4 next month.
Set in the fridges of Imperial space, you will need to take your Space Marines squad Deathwatch and eliminate the Tyranid threat. As it turns out, a faction of the Hive Fleet Leviathan has put their attention on Astolat sector, and it's up to you stop the Great Devourer.
Your Kill Team can be customized with over 200 different weapons and warm gear as they fight through Tyranid bio-ships and war-ravaged cities.
Mark Clemens, Sales Director Funbox, share the team's excitement for bringing Warhammer to PS4:
We are extremely pleased to be in a position to bring WARHAMMER 40,000: DEATHWATCH PS4 to market via our publishing and distribution network. Funbox have published a number of HR Games already and the quality of product they deliver is truly outstanding.
In case you're wondering what Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch has in store for you, here's a list of features are coming to the Playstation 4 version:
- Single-Player Campaign – Battle through 40 brutal missions. From the depths of Tyranid Hive Ships to vast Asteroid Deserts and destroyed Imperial Cities.
- Marines – Collect the Lone Wolf, Sanguinary Guard, Master of Relics and 38 unique others from Ultramarine, Space Wolf and Blood Angel chapters.
- Wargear – Bolters, Plasma Guns, Multimeltas, Lascannons and more. Build your armory and equip your Deathwatch Marines with the finest war gear across the Imperium.
- Tyranids – Termagants, Genestealers, Carnifexes, and more block your way to victory. Fight through the most vicious horde of Tyranids ever seen.
- Honour your Chapter – Ready your bolters, steel your nerves and save the Astolat sector from certain doom. FOR THE EMPEROR!
Laurent Maguire, Studio Head at Rodeo Games, talks about why they chose to make a game involving the Deathwatch:
When we were discussing which project to work on next, the Deathwatch stood out as the part of the Warhammer 40,000 universe we were most excited about. Only in the Deathwatch can you bring together the greatest Space Marines from multiple Chapters, and form the ultimate fighting force. WARHAMMER 40,000: DEATHWATCH gives players their first opportunity to command this legendary force.
Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch is coming to PlayStation 4 on February 24th in PAL territories. It's currently available now on PC.