Warframe’s Long-Promised “The New War” Expansion Finally Arrives Next Month
Warframe’s The New War expansion, which has been teased in one way or another since 2018, finally arrives in December. The New War promises to take Warframe’s cinematic storyline to the next level, as full-scale war is unleashed on the Origin System by the Sentients. You can check out a dramatic new cinematic trailer for you the update, below.
Impressive stuff – almost Blizzard-like quality. Warframe and Digital Extremes have come a long way. Here’s what the Canadian developer is cooking up for The New War:
Experience The New War, Warframe’s largest cinematic expansion yet. Fight on the frontlines in every corner of the Origin System in a thrilling storyline of exploration and discovery. Unite opposing forces and test your mettle against the full mustered force of the Sentients, a legion of adaptable, self-replicating drones capable of untold destruction. You must stop them, Tenno, and reckon with the Lotus, or all you have fought to protect will fall to ruin.
- Unite Unlikely Allies - Complete Missions in The New War as Tenno as well as brand-new playable characters: Kahl-175, the Grineer trooper; Veso, a Corpus Tech; and Teshin, a skilled Dax soldier, each with their own abilities and playstyles. See the war as it unfolds through the eyes of your allies and enemies, and witness the Sentient invasion firsthand.
- Witness a New Chapter Unfold - Once stalwart companion and mentor to the Tenno, the Lotus, also known as Natah, revealed her true form and fled with the Orokin Executor, Ballas. Now these veterans of the Old War along with the mysterious Stalker have returned to wage a new one. Both are determined to see it through, but where do their allegiances really lie? What is Natah’s true nature, and how could she hold the key to ending The New War?
- Repel New Sentient Enemies - Sentient leaders Erra and Hunhow have brought the full weight of their forces to bear, along with brand-new creations that are deadlier than ever. Originally created by the long-dead Orokin Empire to terraform the Tau System, the Sentients have returned to find a shattered Origin System and aim to claim it for their own.
- Tenno Reinforcements - Adapt to overcome any threat with the newest Warframe, Caliban, the perfect fusion of Sentient and Tenno capabilities. The Caliban Collection includes the Caliban Warframe; the Venato Scythe, forged from a limb wrenched off a fallen Eidolon; the Neurovyre Syandana; and the Sporavyre Sugatra.
And here’s the rundown on the new Warframe, Caliban:
Caliban: The Sentient Warframe
Erra’s twisted masterpiece, a true hybrid of Warframe and Sentient. Raised from the wreckage of the Old War to carve a swathe through the New.
- Razor Gyre - Become a spinning vortex of death. Hold Fire to accelerate the maelstrom, increasing damage, then target an enemy to dash toward them. Hitting enemies inflicted with Sentient Wrath creates a destructive blast.
- Sentient Wrath - Smash the ground sending out a wave of destruction. Those not killed by the initial blast are helplessly lifted into the air where they continue to suffer damage for a short time.
- Lethal Progeny - Call on Caliban's Sentient aspect to produce up to three Conculyst comrades to fight by his side, and repair shields when not in combat.
- Fusion Strike - Converge three streams of raw energy upon a single point, causing a massive reactive blast. The fallout from the blast will strip the armor from all enemies that touch it.
- Passive: Adaptive Armor - Allies within Affinity range gain increased resistance to the types of damage they are currently taking.
Warframe is available now on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, and Nintendo Switch. The New War expansion drops on December 15.
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.