How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to XXU1APGI First Official Firmware
Samsung has released the first firmware update to Galaxy Note 7 to roll out some last minute refinements and security updates. Once you get the newly released phablet, you can use this guide to flash N930FXXU1APGI Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Note 7. Bringing August 2016 security patches to the latest Note, this is the first firmware update released for the smartphone.
You can update your Galaxy Note 7 over the air, or follow this guide to manually update it to XXU1APGI Android 6.0.1.
- Model SM-N930F
- Country United Kingdom / Ireland
- Version Android 6.0.1
- Changelist 8720905
- Build date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 04:39:43 +0000
- Security Patch Level 2016-07-01
- Product code XEU
- PDA N930FXXU1APGI
- CSC N930FOXM1APGE
Before you update Galaxy Note 7 to N930FXXU1APGI
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 7 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to make sure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Disable Samsung KIES and any antivirus programs on your PC.
- Finally, ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 carries more than 70% of charge.
Steps to update Galaxy Note 7 to N930FXXU1APGI Android 6.0.1 official update
Here are the steps to update Galaxy Note 7 to N930FXXU1APGI Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Launch Odin on your PC.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer and wait for Odin to detect your device.
- In Odin, click on Options tab and disable re-partition if it's enabled.
- Next, click on the AP button and locate the N930FXXU1APGI tar.md5 file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 6.0.1 update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message on Odin and your Note 7 will reboot.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is now updated to its first official XXU1APGI Android 6.0.1 firmware update.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter