Update Galaxy S3 to ZNEMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Galaxy S3 I9300 can now be updated to ZNEMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware update. It is currently being rolled out in China and supports many regions and carriers. But if you choose to manually download and update it then follow our step by step tutorial to easily update your Galaxy S3 to this official firmware update based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Some features of the ZNEMB1 Official Android 4.1.2 update include:
- Multi-view feature
- Page Buddy
- New Gallery app, Group Cast & Paper Artist apps (from Galaxy Note)
- Customisable notification panel and smart rotation
- Swipe and Android 4.2 Keyboard
Prerequisites before you update Galaxy S3 to ZNEMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S3 I9300 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- This tutorial uses ODIN utility which works only on Windows OS. If you use Mac OS or Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) then please use cross platform tool Heimdall to flash this firmware.
- Ensure that your S3 I9300 carries more than 80% of charge.
Update your Galaxy S3 to ZNEMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware:
- Switch your Galaxy S3 off and wait for a few seconds for the vibration to confirm it is completely switched off.
- Boot your Galaxy I9300 phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding volume down and home buttons simultaneously until phone reboots with a warning screen. Then it will boot into the download mode.
- Run Odin file as an Administrator (admin privileges are required) on your computer and connect your device with computer using the USB cable while your device is in Download mode. A message "Added!!" will show up on ODIN message box. In case you don't get the message, try another USB port. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you have successfully added the S3 I9300 device.
- Select these files now from the downloaded firmware folder in ODIN under the respective buttons:
- Click on the PDA button to select the file with *code* appearing in its name.
- Click the Phone button and select file with *modem* in its name (ignore if there is no such file)
- Click on the CSC Button to select the file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click on the PIT Button to select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- Now in the ODIN window, ensure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check-boxes are selected. If you are using .pit file then also make sure to check the Re-Partition check-box.
- Please double check everything mentioned in the last 2 steps and press the START button which will begin the rooting process. The rooting process might take long and would restart automatically once the installation is done and you will see a PASS message in the Odin window.
- Switch your tablet off again and enter into the recovery mode using Volume Up, Home and Power buttons.
- Using the volume buttons navigate to wipe data/factory reset and select it.
- Select reboot system now and wait for S3 to boot again.
Your device should now be running the ZNEMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware. To ensure check in the Settings > About Phone.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter