Root Galaxy S3 GT to XXBMA3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM
If you are a Galaxy S3 user and want to run your device on Android 4.1.2 then this tutorial is for you. In this guide we will learn to root Galaxy S3 GT to XXBMA3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean - model number I9305. The installation is only possible on rooted devices since we would be using custom recovery tools like ClockworkMod.
Please note this tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9305 models and should be rooted on those devices. Please follow the pre-requisites and steps carefully or you might get your device bricked (happens rarely now - but you need to be cautious).
Pre requisites before you root Galaxy S3 GT to XXBMA3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your S3 carries more than 80% of charge.
Root Galaxy S3 GT to XXBMA3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
- Download and save the files on your computer and extract the root package.
- Install and open the ODIN.
- Switch your S3 off and reboot the device into download mode by pressing Volume Down, Center and Power keys simultaneously.
- Using a USB data cable connect your device with computer.
- After connecting S3 with phone, the ODIN's ID:COM section should become yellow or blue and the "added!" message should be displayed. Note:
- If not, remove the USB cable, turn off Odin and re-install the drivers; then repeat the procedure as explained above.
- On the ODIN select PDA and pick the CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 file and click on start button.
- When the process is completed, you would get a pass message on Odin screen.
- Disconnect your Galaxy S3 GT and reboot your device into the new ROM.
Your Galaxy S3 GT model number I9305 would now be running the XXBMA3 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. In case of any problems, do let us know along with any feedback.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter