Root Samsung Galaxy SII to Android 4.1.2 Jumpin JellyBeans v1
Jumpin JellyBeans for Samsung Galaxy T mobile S2 SGH-T989 is developed by an XDA developer kmacneil3. It is the first version of the firmware so there might be a few bugs but from the screenshots shared on the XDA thread, the ROM looks quite great. Follow this tutorial to root your Galaxy S2 T989 to Jumpin JellyBeans.
Prerequisites before you root Samsung Galaxy SII to Android 4.1.2 Jumpin JellyBeans:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Create a Nandroid backup.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S2 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Development option to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 carries more than 80% of charge.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy SII to Android 4.1.2 Jumpin JellyBeans:
Download the required Jumpin JellyBeans file.
- Connect Galaxy S2 T989 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your handset.
- Disconnect USB and switch off your Galaxy S2. Boot in to custom recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo shows up. Leave the buttons for half a second and hold again. Alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Now perform the Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later if this new ROM does not work or you want to move back. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done – very important step to switch back to the current state.
- Next, perform the wipe operations by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path.
- From sd card, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Jumpin JellyBeans zip file copied earlier and select it by pressing power button. Select yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to complete successfully.
- Once the ROM is successfully flashed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest custom Jumpin JellyBeans ROM based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Let us know how this new custom ROM turned out for your Galaxy S2 T989.