Update Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200 to Android 4.2.2 UBUAME5 Official
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 has recently received the UBUAME5 official firmware update. The update has already been rolled out in Brazil, Trinidad and Tobago. You can update your Jelly Bean Mega 6.3 to latest Samsung updates via OTA or Samsung KIES, but in case you still haven’t received the update or have a rooted device, then follow this tutorial to update Galaxy Mega 6.3 to UBUAME5 4.2.2 JB manually.
UBUAME5 Android 4.2.2 firmware:
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 to Android 4.2.2 UBUAME5:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Mega in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Mega 6.3 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200 to Android 4.2.2 UBUAME5 official firmware:
Required files: download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean UBUAME5 for Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Odin 3.07 in your PC. Extract the firmware file and you will get a .tar.md5 file along with some other files (optional). Extract and install ODIN too on your computer.
- Power off your Galaxy Mega and wait for a few seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Boot your Mega 6.3 in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously until you see an Android construction bot on screen. Press Volume Up again to enter into the Download Mode.
- Run Odin .exe as an Administrator on your computer (admin rights are required) and connect your Samsung Galaxy Mega i9200 with your computer using the USB cable. Once connected, you will get a message in Odin’s message box saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- When your smartphone is successfully connected, locate the files from I9200UBUAME5 folder in respective buttons. In Odin window make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is. Also, select Re-Partition if you have got a .pit file (in following step).
- Click on PDA and select the .tar.md5 file with *code* appearing in its name (required). If you get the other optional files, then click on Phone to select a file with *modem* in its name, on CSC button select a file with *csc* in its name and finally click on PIT to select the .pit file. All these latter three are optional files so do not worry if you haven’t got any such files.
- Double check everything in the last two steps to confirm and then hit the START button to initiate the official firmware update process.
- Once the installation is successfully finished, your Galaxy Mega 6.3 will reboot automatically and soon you will get a PASS message in Odin. You can then disconnect the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i9200 from your computer.
These were the steps to update your Samsung Galaxy Mega to the official UBUAME5 update.