In the last tweet of Taiwanese manufacturers of AT&T, they announced that now they are giving a final update to its flag carrier device in 2012; the One X+ (plus). This firmware updated version is 2.15.502.1 with Android 4.2.2 (jelly bean + Sense 5.0). Not only this, they have fixed the usual multitude of bug fixes and stability improvements.
If you remember that the HTC One X+ was released in November 2012 and because of its stylish design and specs it get famous and still it is in market demand.
For those who don’t familiar with HTC One X+ specs
- 4.7-inch Super LCD2 multitouch touchscreen with a pixel density of 312 PPI
- 1.7GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 AP37 processor
- 1GB of RAM
- ULP GeForce 2 GPU
- 32GB/64GB of internal storage (not expandable)
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera
- 2,100 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
Coming back to the topic here is the full changelog of this firmware
2.15.502.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Android Version: 4.2.2
- HTC Sense: 5.0
- NFC Fixes
- AT&T Address Book Fixes
- It will take approximately 20 minutes to update the firmware so avoid calling and sms while doing the update
- Connect the device to a charger
- Ensure the battery is charged to at least 35%
- If available, connect to WI-Fi or 3G/4G LTE to speed up the update download process
Warning: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the AC charger as this might stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
How to Update AT&T HTC One X+ Firmware to Android 4.2.2
- From the Home screen, tap All apps, tap Settings.
- Tap AT&T software update.
- Tap Check for updates.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Continue to download the update.
- Status of the download can be checked in the Notifications pull down
- Once the download is complete, a window will popup to install the download firmware
- Click on Ok button
- The device will be rebooted and begin installation.
- After 10- 15 mints you device will be ready to use