Closely following Verizon, AT&T is now rolling out the latest Android 4.4 KitKat update on the Moto X devices. You can now update AT&T Moto X to Android 4.4 KitKat officially! Earlier this week, everyone - especially Nexus owners - were surprised by Verizon's announcement of bringing Android 4.4 to Moto X. Remember this update had come before even Google updated its Nexus 4 with its latest OS. Oh, the ironies!
Officially update AT&T Moto X to Android 4.4 KitKat:
Closely following Verizon Wireless, and then T-Mobile, today AT&T has also started rolling out the latest Andoid 4.4 KitKat for Moto X. Among major U.S. carriers, only Moto X owners on Sprint are left alone now from this major OS update.
Here is what Motorola is offering with the latest Android 4.4 KitKat - Changelog from Motorola Global:
- Android™ 4.4, KitKat: Android 4.4, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Phone dialer: Improved the phone app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Camera - Focus and exposure: Enhanced the "touch to focus" option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo's focus and exposure.
- Gallery - Photo editing: Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Hangouts -SMS/MMS support: Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings > Wireless > Default SMS app.
- Touchless Control - "Find my phone": Added a new "Find my phone" command to Touchless Control. Just say "OK, Google Now-find my phone" and your Moto X will ring loudly to let you know where it's hiding when you've misplaced it nearby.
- NFC - Host card emulation: Enhanced support for NFC Host Card Emulation (HCE), to improve experiences such as contactless payments, loyalty plans, transit passes, card access and more.
- Accessory support: Added support for Square credit card reader