Update Asus Transformer Pad Infinity to Android 4.2.1 Official Update
Official OTA updates for ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity just released making the tablet up to date with Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS. The Android 4.2.1 JB brings new profiles, DayDream screen saver, lockscreen widgets, new camera UI, parental lock support, improved keyboard and many other features.
This tutorial is meant for the users who want to manually flash the update on their ASUS tablets. Make sure to go through all the prerequisites and follow the step by step procedure carefully.
Important: this tutorial is only for the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity model number TF700T. Please do not try to update any other device following this tutorial.
Pre-reqs you must check to update Asus Transformer Pad Infinity to Android 4.2.1 official update:
- Your ASUS tablet should be on full stock Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS with the version build 10.4.4.25 since it won’t work with different variants.
- Your computer should have all the ASUS Transformer PAD Infinity USB drivers as the computer will be used during the update procedure.
- Making a backup of all the important data is highly recommended.
- Your Asus Transformer Pad Infinity should be charged to 60% at least or it might switch off during the update.
How to update Asus Transformer Pad Infinity to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean:
- You need to first check the SKU number of your Asus tablet by going to Settings > About Tablet > Build Number info. If the number begins with HK then your tablet’s SKU is HK. If it starts with US, then the SKU is US. This tutorial will work for WW, US, and TW.
- After confirming the SKU number, download the version for your Pad Infinity using the correct link: WW Update (download link), US Update (download link) and TW Update (download link).
- Download the file and extract its contents. You will get another zip now. Do not extract any further and copy this new zip to your Asus tablet’s MicroSD card storage. Internal tablet storage cannot be used for this purpose.
- Disconnect the tablet from PC and switch off the Transformer Pad Infinity.
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously. Release the buttons when the screen shows text and then press Volume Up key.
- When the update is successfully completed, the ASUS Transformer PAD Infinity will reboot and load the new Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS.