Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Motorola Droid Razr M – Eclipse Custom ROM
Motorola Droid Razr M can now be updated to Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean using the Eclipse custom ROM firmware. Eclipse custom ROM is popular among Android user for its powerful features, performance optimization, bringing in better battery life and revamping the handset with a new user interface. If you want to install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Motorola Droid Razr M then keep following this tutorial as we write down some simple steps of rooting our Razr M to the Eclipse custom ROM based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean OS.
Important: this tutorial is only written for Motorola Droid Razr M. Flashing this file on any other device or model is not recommended.
Prerequisites to install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Motorola Droid Razr M:
- Since this is a custom ROM and not an official OTA update, we would be performing a wipe data operation during the flashing process. So it highly advised to take a backup of all your important data including contacts, messages, apps and the current ROM.
- Your Motorola Droid Razr M must be rooted.
- Ensure that custom recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed on your Razr M.
- Make sure to enable the USB debugging option.
- Your device should be charged up to at least 60% of battery.
Guide to iInstall Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Motorola Droid Razr M:
Download the required stock file from here.
- Connect the handset with the PC using a USB data cable.
- Copy the downloaded file on your sdcard.
- Remove the USB data cable and disconnect the Razr M from computer.
- Switch your Motorola handset off and boot it into the recovery mode.
- Perform wiping operations on the device by selecting wipe data/factory reset option and then wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache options from the recovery mode menu.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select install zip from SDcard followed by choose zip from SDcard. Locate the earlier copied ROM file and start the flashing task.
- When the installation process is done, select +++go back+++ and then select reboot system now to boot your Motorola Droid Razr M to the newly flashed Eclipse custom ROM based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
Ta da! Your Razr M is now sporting a completely customized and optimized look. Enjoy the new features!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter