The Witcher 3 has been released almost four years ago, but things are continuing to improve for the game thanks to its modding community, which is among the most active ever. If you're planning to play through the game again, but want things to look different, you may want to take a look at a recently released new Reshade preset which makes the game look incredible.
The Witcher 3 Black Unicorn Reshade preset can be used with the vanilla, unmodded game as well as in conjunction with the Phoenix Lighting Mod.
BLACK UNICORN RESHADE 2.0 FOR VANILLA WILD HUNT AND PLM 10.1
I used this reshade in my last run. Turned out it works. I decided to share it with the community. This filter aims to give a fantasy atmosphere to the game.
Designed for vanilla, it works pretty well with plm 10.1 (base version). See images for details. Not yet tested with B&W DLC. Let me know if you like it and feel free to leave a comment.
- Be sure to eliminate old reshades from x64 folder
- Download last reshade here. (version 4.2.1)
- Extract it wherever you want
- open it and target "witcher3.exe" in your "x64" folder, select Direct3d 10+ as API, when asked download the following effects:
- Download from the Nexus "BlackUnicornReshade" and extract it wherever you want.
- Open it and copy "reshade-shaders" folder and "BlackUnicornReshade2_0.ini" in your "x64" folder
- Overwrite when asked
Once ingame open the reshade UI by pressing HOME button.
Load "BlackUnicornReshade2_0.ini when asked
Numpad 8 will turn on/off borders for a more cinematic feeling
Numpad 9 will turn on/of nearDOF if you want deep of field when you take pictures
The Black Unicorn Reshade preset can be downloaded from Nexus Mods.
The Witcher 3 is now available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.