The King of Fighters XIV Trailer Shows off New Visual Update
Atlus and SNK Playmore just announced the details for the ver. 1.10 patch for The King of Fighters XIV which adds significant visual improvements.
Here’s exactly what you’ll find in the latest update, courtesy of a press release by Atlus:
- Significant graphical improvements for the characters and other aspects
- 2 new color variations per character
- Player can now select characters or teams after each match when using the RANDOM / TEAM
- RANDOM options on the MEMBER SELECT screen
- On the Button Config screen, the settings for PLAYER 2 can now be saved
- 50 new profile icons added (All icons will be automatically unlocked after the update)
- 100 new Titles added (One title will be unlocked per online match after the update)
- Background Noise Sound Effects in FREE MATCH now include all 16 types (Some controls have changed as a result)
- Minor bug fixes, functionality improvements
The King of Fighters XIV is out now on PlayStation 4. Check out our review of the impressive fighting game, where our own Kai said it was an “entry that’s sure to be played in tournaments for the next couple of years and establishes a foundation for newcomers to pick up a controller and learn what the hype is about.”
There’s also a ‘Burn To Fight’ Premium Edition that contains:
- SteelBook – The game disc will be encased in a collectible SteelBook® emblazoned with the series’ fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight.
- Art book – This 144-page art book will be filled with original character/stage drawings from throughout the series.
- 3-Disc Soundtrack – Those looking for an audio fix will be able to enjoy a three-disc soundtrack (housed in a gorgeous Mai Shiranui illustrated case) comprised of 60+ electric songs worthy of the greatest fighting tournament in the world.
- Collector’s Box – All the above items will be packaged in a scorching box adorned with familiar characters.