Surface Firmware Updates Are Out for Laptop 2 and Pro 7+
Microsoft has released fresh firmware updates for Surface Pro 7+ and Surface Laptop 2. October 2021 updates bring device stability and reliability improvements and address Pro 7+'s CPU throttle to 0.19Ghz issue.
Following Surface firmware updates are out for Laptop 2
- Surface - Extension - 220.127.116.11: Surface Dock 2 Firmware Update - Extension
- Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Extension - 18.104.22.168: Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) Extension
- Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Media - 6.0.9083.3: Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) - Sound, video, and game controllers
This month's firmware update is available for all Laptop 2 devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903 (19H1), or greater. For more details, head over to the support page.
October 2021 Surface Pro 7+ update
- Surface - System - 22.214.171.124: Surface Radio Monitor – System devices
- Surface - Firmware - 126.96.36.199: Surface System Aggregator – Firmware
- Surface - Firmware - 188.8.131.52: Surface UEFI - Firmware
- Surface - Firmware - 184.108.40.206: Surface PD Controller - Firmware
After you have installed these latest updates, restart your device to complete the process: select the Start button > Power > Restart.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter