Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Xbox Series X Normal and Performance Modes Compared In New Video
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order received a next-gen upgrade yesterday, introducing Normal and Performance Mode on Xbox Series X. These modes have been compared today in a new video shared online.
The video shared by GameTechPlanet highlights the differences between the two modes now available in the game developed by Respawn.
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order on Xbox Series X. The next-gen update is here. Comparing Performance vs Normal modes
The Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order next-gen upgrade improved framerate on both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X while introducing improved dynamic resolution ranges and more.
High Level Summary of Features:
- Improved framerate on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
- Improved dynamic resolution ranges, for a higher resolution experience on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
- Improved post-processing resolution for Xbox Series X and PS5. (Not Xbox Series S)
Xbox Series S
- Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)
Xbox Series X Performance mode
- Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS
- Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p
Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode)
- Postprocessing has been increased to 4K
- Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p
Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)
Postprocessing increased to 1440p
Dynamic resolution has been disabled and the game is rendering at 1200p (up from 810-1080p)
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is now available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One worldwide. The game is among the best games based on the franchise released in the past few years.
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order feels like a familiar experience, and this is both its main strength and major weakness. All of the elements of the game are well-crafted, but they feel quite derivative, as there is not a single gameplay mechanic that hasn't been more or less lifted from a major franchise. Despite the lack of innovation, the game developed by Respawn is one of the best single-player games released in recent times and a must-buy for any Star Wars fan. Even those with only a passing interest in the series will find plenty to like here, granted they are not expecting to play a revolutionary title.