Project CARS Dev: “NVIDIA have not paid us a penny”, AMD Working To Fix Performance Issues
Project CARS has been released, and it appears that a lot of AMD owners have reported performance issues, even with high-end GPUs. Many seem to be under the impression that this is due to Nvidia optimization, but Ian Bell, head of Slightly Mad Studios, claims that Nvidia has not paid them a penny to intentionally cripple the game's performance on AMD hardware.
Ian Bell replied to a fan regarding the performance issues that AMD owners currently face:
“We’ve provided AMD with 20 keys for game testing as they work on the driver side. But you only have to look at the lesser hardware in the consoles to see how optimised we are on AMD based chips.
We’re reaching out to AMD with all of our efforts. We’ve provided them 20 keys as I say. They were invited to work with us for years, looking through company mails the last I can see they (AMD) talked to us was October of last year.
Categorically, Nvidia have not paid us a penny. They have though been very forthcoming with support and co-marketing work at their instigation. We’ve had emails back and forth with them yesterday also. I reiterate that this is mainly a driver issue but we’ll obviously do anything we can from our side.”
AMD’s Corporate Vice President IPG, Roy Taylor, revealed that AMD is currently working with Slightly Mad Studios in order to fix these performance issues.
Project CARS key features:
- The largest track roster of any recent racing game with 110+ unique locations
- A wide variety of motorsports including GT, Touring, Le Mans Prototypes, Karts, and modern Open Wheel and 80+ cars available at launch
- Dynamic weather, pit stops, and pit strategy creation
- Dynamic time of day and endurance races including the Le Mans 24H
- World-class graphics running at 60 fps with up to 45 drivers onscreen
- Next-gen physics running at 600 fps and deep telemetry & tuning features
- Competitive multiplayer for up to 16 players and the ability to create public, private and friend-based lobbies with ‘Join In Progress’
- Asynchronous Time Trial with downloadable ghosts
- Regularly-scheduled community events
- Social connectivity with photo and replay modes powered by The Driver Network
- Support for 30+ wheels, community apps, and virtual reality via Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus
- Continual updates and further content after launch
Project CARS is the ultimate driver journey!
Guided, tested, and approved by a passionate community of racing fans and real-life drivers, Project CARS represents the next-generation of racing simulation as the ultimate combination of fan desire and developer expertise.
Discover an unrivaled immersion fuelled by world-class graphics and handling that allows you to truly feel the road. Create a driver, pick from a huge variety of motorsports in a dynamic career mode and write your own tale in an intense online multiplayer.
Featuring the largest track roster of any recent racing game with a ground-breaking dynamic time of day & weather system, deep tuning & pit stop functionality, and support for Oculus Rift and 12K ultra HD resolution, Project CARS leaves the competition behind in the dust.
The digital edition of Project CARS also includes the Limited Edition upgrade DLC pack, unlocking 5 legendary cars drivable in any game mode and showcased with special one-make series within your career!
- Ford GT40 Mk IV
- BMW M1 Pro Car
- McLaren F1
- Sauber C9
- Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Coupe DTM
- BEYOND REALITY: Next-gen graphics, authentic handling, playable via Oculus Rift and 12K Ultra HD resolution
- BY RACERS 4 RACERS: Guided, tested and approved by fans & pilots for the perfect gameplay balance
- YOUR CHOICES, YOUR VICTORIES: Master a variety of motorsports & unprecedented track roster in a sandbox career mode