Project Cars PS4 vs Xbox One Gameplay Frame-Rate Stress Test 60fps
The good folks at Eurogamer have provided a Gameplay Stress Test between the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Project CARS. The video can be viewed below:
Project Cars has a PC style graphics settings menu that allows you to turn on/off individual effects. So how much of a frame-rate boost do you get by turning everything off, compared to leaving everything on? Spoilers: you're probably best off leaving all of the effects on.
Project CARS running on PS4 with Post-Effects On/Off Frame-Rate comparison:
Digital Foundry's Tom Morgan sai regarding Project CAR's lighting effects:
"Project Cars' range of lighting effects is impressive. Both consoles boast an extensive visual effects menu to tweak each aspect, and though not as full-bodied as the PC's full graphics menu, we do get a level of flexibility rarely seen on console."
Project CARS final console builds hits 60fps in its career mode races, although the consistency falls severely on its weather settings. Heavy rain is still the cause of most sizable drops to 50fps and sometimes even lower. The Xbox One struggles to match the PS4's performance, especially during races with many cars on screen, where the PS4 clearly takes a lead.
A video provided by Robert Cram details the Console Graphics present in Project CARS:
In quite an unusual fashion for a console game, Slightly Mad Studios provides players with a large set of options to use in Project CARS.
Project CARS Features:
- The largest track roster of any recent racing game with 110+ unique locations
- A wide variety of motorsports including GT, Touring, Le Mans Prototypes, Karts, and modern Open Wheel and 80+ cars available at launch
- Dynamic weather, pit stops, and pit strategy creation
- Dynamic time of day and endurance races including the Le Mans 24H
- World-class graphics running at 60 fps with up to 45 drivers onscreen
- Next-gen physics running at 600 fps and deep telemetry & tuning features
- Competitive multiplayer for up to 16 players and the ability to create public, private and friend-based lobbies with ‘Join In Progress’
- Asynchronous Time Trial with downloadable ghosts
- Regularly-scheduled community events
- Social connectivity with photo and replay modes powered by The Driver Network
- Support for 30+ wheels, community apps, and virtual reality via Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus
- Continual updates and further content after launch
Project CARS is the ultimate driver journey!
Guided, tested, and approved by a passionate community of racing fans and real-life drivers, Project CARS represents the next-generation of racing simulation as the ultimate combination of fan desire and developer expertise.
Discover an unrivaled immersion fuelled by world-class graphics and handling that allows you to truly feel the road. Create a driver, pick from a huge variety of motorsports in a dynamic career mode and write your own tale in an intense online multiplayer.
Featuring the largest track roster of any recent racing game with a ground-breaking dynamic time of day & weather system, deep tuning & pit stop functionality, and support for Oculus Rift and 12K ultra HD resolution, Project CARS leaves the competition behind in the dust.
The digital edition of Project CARS also includes the Limited Edition upgrade DLC pack, unlocking 5 legendary cars drivable in any game mode and showcased with special one-make series within your career!
- Ford GT40 Mk IV
- BMW M1 Pro Car
- McLaren F1
- Sauber C9
- Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Coupe DTM
- BEYOND REALITY: Next-gen graphics, authentic handling, playable via Oculus Rift and 12K Ultra HD resolution
- BY RACERS 4 RACERS: Guided, tested and approved by fans & pilots for the perfect gameplay balance
- YOUR CHOICES, YOUR VICTORIES: Master a variety of motorsports & unprecedented track roster in a sandbox career mode
Project CARS is set for a May 8 2015 release for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. We will bring any new information on the game as soon as it becomes available. Be sure to check out our previous coverage for more on the game.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter