Sapphire has unveiled its brand new Radeon RX 6900 XT TOXIC Air-Cooled graphics card which will feature the same TOXIC performance in a triple-slot package. The model was confirmed by the GPU vendor over on its Facebook page.
Sapphire Readies Radeon RX 6900 XT TOXIC Air-Cooled Graphics Card, Features Overclocked Big Navi GPU & Brand New Gold Trim
This is the third Radeon RX 6900 XT TOXIC model that Sapphire is launching. The first two, the TOXIC and TOXIC Extreme have been out for a while but both feature a liquid-cooling design. It looks like Sapphire saw a demand for air-cooled variants too and decided to make one. The air-cooled variant is the result of that creation.
In terms of design, the card looks very similar to Sapphire's Nitro offerings but features a new Gold & Silver colored trim on the shroud. The rest of the design is largely similar with an extended back-plate, RGB on the fans, sides, and back logo, a standard 1x HDMI / 3x DP display configuration, the triple 8-pin power connectors, and a fully custom PCB design which would allow for some hefty OC.
Further details listed over at Sapphire's webpage reveal the specifications of the Radeon RX 6900 XT TOXIC air-cooled model. The card will feature clock speeds of up to 2425 MHz boost, 2235 MHz Game, and a TDP of 400W. While these clock speeds are lower than the TOXIC boost profile of the non-Navi 21 XTXH variant, it may be due to the air-cooling design while the card may still rock the Navi 21 XTXH GPU. There's 16 GB GDDR6 memory running at 16 Gbps standard speeds & the card measures 320 x 134.85 x 58.4 mm.
Following are some of the key features of the Sapphire Radeon RX 6900 XT Air-Cooled graphics card:
- TOXIC AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Limited Edition Graphics Card delivers powerful 4K gaming performance with an unrivaled liquid cooling solution
- TOXIC Boost fully unleashes the performance potential of the AMD Radeon 6900 XT GPU
- One-Click TOXIC BOOST mode in TriXX to unleash the power of TOXIC
- Innovative TOXIC Air Cooling Technology to ensure low temperatures coupled with powerful and stable clock speeds
- Performance increase in popular games with TriXX Boost
- AMD RDNA 2 gaming architecture headlining new technologies including hardware-accelerated DirectX Raytracing (DXR), AMD Infinity Cache, AMD Smart Access Memory, and DirectX 12 Ultimate support
The card could be launching soon with very premium pricing close to $1500-$2000 US. Expect more details from Sapphire in the coming days.