Samsung’s Z1 Tizen Secretly Showcased in India – First Images and Specs Leaked
Samsung’s rumored Z1 Tizen smartphone was expected to arrive next year in January, however, according to some reports the device has been showcased today at a secret event in India. Complete specifications and images were leaked by a local retailer along with some images leaked by other sources.
Samsung Z1 Tizen specs and images:
Samsung’s Z1 is a Tizen based entry smartphone allegedly going for sale for around $90. Here are the leaked Samsung Z1 Tizen specs and details:
- 4.0-inch PLS TFT display – 800 x 480 pixel resolution
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 768 (should be 512?) MB RAM
- 4 GB of internal storage
- 3 megapixel primary shooter with LED flash and fixed-focus lens
- VGA res front camera
- microSD card slot
- Tizen 2.3
- 1,500 mAh battery
- Dual SIM card slots with 3G
- Connectivity: WiFi, A-GPS, FM Radio
After India, Samsung is rumored to launch the Z1 Tizen smartphone (model SM-Z130H) in China and South Korea in February and mid-2015, respectively. Consumers in India would be able to get the new handset in January next year through online and existing sales networks.
Samsung plans to take on the entry-level smartphone market with this latest phone in the emerging markets. Cheap phones packed with all the necessary features including connectivity options are selling like hot cakes in emerging markets. Korean tech giant is taking quite a many steps to cover up its declining profits next year with both the metallic high-end smartphones and the entry-level cheaper phones.
– Relevant news and updates:
- Sony Xperia Z3 Drop Test Proves the Phone can Take a Few Drops Before Shattering
- Finally Some Substantial Galaxy S6 Aluminum Unibody Images Leak
- Metallic Samsung Galaxy S6 and Premium S6 Edge Launching at CES Las Vegas
- HTC’s Next Flagship Hima M9 to Flaunt 5-inch FHD, Snapdragon 810 – Launch in March 2015
- WhatsApp Web Version in the Works – App for Desktop Might Launch Soon