Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 on XXUDNE6 Android 4.4.2 – How to
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 has received its second KitKat update. XXUDNE6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat fixes some bugs found in the first build and also helps to improve the overall performance. You can update galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Android 4.4.2 XXUDNE6 KitKat via OTA or Samsung KIES. The update is only available in the Indian region now. However you can follow this comprehensive tutorial to update to this latest KitKat update for Note 10.1 (read: Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNE6). Once you have updated, here is how to root Galaxy Note 10.1 on XXUDNE6 KitKat.
Prerequisites to root Galaxy Note 10.1 on XXUDNE6 KitKat:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your Note.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery for your Note 10.1.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root Galaxy Note 10.1 on XXUDNE6:
Here are the steps to root Galaxy Note 10.1 on XXUDNE6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- Install Odin on your computer and launch it.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your tablet with PC; when connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset are checked.
- Click on AP on Odin and locate CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000.tar.md5 file.
- Check everything and hit the Start button to initiate the root process.
- When update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 will then restart and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
Ta da! You have successfully managed to root Galaxy Note 10.1 on XXUDNE6 KitKat.