Root CM10.1 Nightly on Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
CyanogenMod creator released the first Nightly version of the custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4. The ROM is in experimental stages and is being updated on daily basis. Being one the most popular aftermarket ROMs, SGS4 users were surely waiting for this sort of good news. So let's not wait anymore and install this nightly build on SGS4.
Important: this guide is specifically written for the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 model SGH-M919 - please do not try it on any other devices or models. CM10.1 isn't yet available for the international and Exynos models of SGS4.
Pre-reqs to root CM10.1 Nightly on Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP is installed.
- Ensure that your SGS4 carries more than 70% of charge.
Root CM10.1 Nightly on Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- After downloading the above files on your computer, connect your SGS4 with the PC using the USB data cable and copy both these files on your Galaxy S4.
- Disconnect Galaxy S4 M919 from the PC and switch it off to boot it into the recovery mode.
- To boot your Samsung Galaxy S4 in to the recovery mode, press the volume up, home and power buttons simultaneously - release when the Samsung logo shows up.
- From the recovery mode menu, perform the wiping data tasks: select wipe data/factory reset option and confirm the operation - Select the wipe cache partition to clear the cache and wipe dalvik cache to clear dalvik.
- Now we will flash the ROM file: select install zip from sdcard and follow it by taping on the choose zip from the sdcard option. Locate the CM10.1 ROM file and confirm installation.
- Once installation is completed, repeat the above step but this time choose and install the Google Apps package file instead of the OS file.
- Once done go back to main menu and select reboot system now to boot your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the newly flashed CM 10.1 Nightly mode.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter