AORUS Z390 MasterOctober, 2018
Intel Core i9-9900K - Cooler Performance and Temperatures
The Intel Coffee Lake processors feature higher clock speeds and more cores, this means that the temperatures can directly be affected by the updated design. In terms of packaging, the processor's ship with STIM or Soldered Thermal Interface Material.
In short, Intel has gone back to the soldered design with higher quality thermal interface material between the die and IHS so that should technically lead to better temperatures under overclocking and stress situations. The results were carried out with the Corsair H115i PRO liquid cooler:
The AORUS Z390 Master is a really beautiful motherboard with a powerful stack of features backing it that helps gamers and enthusiast get the most out of their PCs through overclocking. The BIOS can get some refinements but aside from that, the Z390 Master from AORUS is one of our top recommended Z390 motherboards for 9th Gen PC builders.
- Enthusiast Grade Motherboard Design
- Full Support For 8 Core Intel CPUs
- Excellent Design and Build Quality
- Excellent VRM Cooling With Direct Touch heatpipe and fin array heatsink
- Excellent Overclocking Performance
- Backplate with thermal pads integration
- High-Quality Components With 12 Phase IRDigital PWM
- Intel CNVi WiFI + BT5.0 Capabilities
- Triple M.2 slots With Full Coverage heatsinks + Thermal Pads
- Tons of USB 3.1 Gen 2 and Gen 1 Ports
- AORUS RGB Fusion Digital LEDs System Looks Stunning
- ALC1220 + ESS Sabre HIFI DAC Premium sound system
- Durable PCIe and DDR4 DIMM Slot Metal Armor
- Integrated Rear Panel I/O Shield
- Pricing could be slightly lower
- BIOS needs refinement (Advanced Mode settings don't usually save in profiles, can't tune fan curve properly, lot's of experience required for entry-level overclockers)
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.