Resident Evil 2 Producers Reveal That Post-Launch DLC Is Currently Being Evaluated
Resident Evil 2 is coming back soon and not just as a simple remaster. The classic survival horror game originally released in January 1998 has been completely redone by CAPCOM, using an over-the-shoulder camera and the RE Engine that debuted in Resident Evil 7.
In an interview with SaudiGamer from a recent press event in Dubai, Game Director Kazunori Kadoi and Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi stated that the possibility of providing post-launch DLC is currently being discussed at CAPCOM. Though nothing could be announced at this point, they recommended following the official CAPCOM social networks for any such news.
Lastly, the developers confirmed the existence of easter eggs from previous Resident Evil games, some even from Resident Evil 7. Fans should be pleased to find them, they said, but newcomers won't miss anything major anyway.
The Resident Evil 2 remake will be out January 25th for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Stay tuned to read our full review of this highly anticipated game.
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic - Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience
- A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release.
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD).
- Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count.
- Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival.